Zope 2.3.2 has been released. Announcement and CHANGES file within.
From: Brian Lloyd <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: [Zope-Annce] ANNOUNCE: Zope 2.3.2 released
Date: 27 Apr 2001 14:51:25 -0400
Zope 2.3.2 has been released - you can download it from
Zope 2.3.2 contains no changes from 2.3.2 beta 2 other than
two small fixes that were accidentally committed to the release
branch (it was supposed to be frozen between the final beta and
the final release). Since the changes were tiny and easily
verifiable, we verified them and left them in.
For more information on what is new in this release, see the
CHANGES.txt and HISTORY.txt files for the release:
For more information on the available Zope releases, guidance for
selecting the right distribution and installation instructions,
Brian Lloyd email@example.com
Software Engineer 540.371.6909
Digital Creations http://www.digicool.com
This file contains change information for the current Zope release.
Change information for previous versions of Zope can be found in the
Bugs accidentally fixed :)
- Fixed missing html_quote attribute inside some DTML methods
- Fixed logging output to the compatible with the Common Logfile
Format specs (Collector #2188)
Zope 2.3.2 beta 2
- Fixed Catalog "object does not support item deletion" bug.
Zope 2.3.2 beta 1
- Catalog field index bug fixed.
- Fixed several places where filesystem paths were assembled
in a non-portable way.
- Fixed some places in SimpleItem that assumed that the object
was an Acquirer.
- Fixed layout problem in StandardCacheManagers/dtml/propsRCM.dtml
- Fix bug in AcceleratedHTTPCacheManager. Sended HTTP headers
were depending on locale settings (Collector #2142)
- GoLIVE is unable to handle some empty properties send from
the Zope's WebDAV server. (getlastmodified is no more send
when they are not available for an object)
- added globbing support for the FTP server
- added support for fetching recursive listings from the FTP server
(needed by ncftp)
- fixed handling of broken objects in the WebDAV server
- An ambiguous timezone alias (CDT) was removed from DateTime.
- It was not possible to pass 'class=...' to the tag() method
of Image objects because 'class' is a Python reserved word.
Image.tag() now accepts an optional 'css_class' argument
that is turned into a 'class' attribute on the resulting tag
to work around this.
- Fixed various places where the right tabs were not highlighted
after form submissions.
- The code that produces the data for the security settings
form included a misleading default ('Manager') that could
make it looks as though Manager had a permission in a
subobject when that permission had actually been denied
in a higher level object. This only affected the form
generated, not the actual security settings in effect.
- The textarea resizing buttons for DTML objects and scripts
were not preserving work done in the text area during the
- Some changes were made to the implemenation of User.allowed(),
which will make it less expensive to do local role matching
and also resolves an issue noted in the
UserProgrammableSecurityObjects proposal on dev.zope.org.
- A problem in the bytecode munging done by Python scripts
that could cause a core dump was fixed.