AppSight 4.0 enables users to capture, communicate, and identify user-, system-, and code-level issues to prevent source code errors and system failures that can cripple the development and performance of business-critical applications.
AppSight 4.0 is being targeted to application developers, testers, support staff, and Web service teams.
With this latest version, development and application management teams can isolate application behaviors and follow transactions across nodes and domains to identify the root cause of problems wherever they may occur in the application life cycle in real-time.
The capability to allow users to capture the live execution of Windows, Java, and custom third-party applications is where the application differs from other solutions in this space.
"Companies applications are comprised of numerous home-grown and third-party technologies and applications that have unique configurations and varying components. AppSight provides a holistic view of an application community and life cycle, so companies can quickly understand application and user behavior to correct any problems," Yochi Slonim, Identifys president and CEO notes.
Built on Identifys core Black Box technology, AppSights transparent software solution resides on application servers to record and present a unified view of user, system and code level activity throughout an organizations application community. As a result, users understand application behavior, and can predict vulnerabilities and drill down to identify and fix problems, without having to modify an application or re-create the situation.
Key features and benefits in AppSight 4.0 are:
- Special support for resolving problems in IIS-based applications
- Early identification of application configuration issues by comparing application resources in failing vs. non-failing environments and scenarios
- The capability to trace transaction paths across modules and nodes to view and identify the root cause of problems inside discreet .NET application components
- An improved management framework due to changes made to AppSight 4.0 Black Box
- New and improved tools for navigating black box logs
AppSight 4.0 is available today. It is priced starting at $10,000 for a base configuration.