NetIQ, a provider of systems management, security management and Web analytics solutions, announced several cross-platform modules designed to more effectively manage heterogeneous IT infrastructures.
According to the company, from a single console, IT administrators can manage, analyze, and report on the health, performance, and availability of their entire systems -- from the physical hardware to server-based applications - across Unix, Linux, and Windows platforms.
Modules to manage BEA WebLogic Server and Sun ONE Web Server are shipping today. Earlier this year, NetIQ delivered its initial set of cross-platform modules for Microsoft Operations Manager 2000 (MOM) and AppManager Suite that include support for Sun Solaris, IBM AIX, HP-UX, and Red Hat Linux.
The new modules further extend NetIQ's cross-platform solutions to address the complexity and scale of managing Web-based application infrastructures including:
- Apache -- Available now
- IBM HTTP Server -- Available now
- Sun ONE Web Server -- Available now
- BEA WebLogic Server -- Available now
- IBM WebSphere Application Server -- Shipping by year end
- Sun ONE Application Server -- Shipping by year end
- IBM DB2 UDB -- Shipping by year end
- Oracle RDBMS -- Shipping by year end
- Tivoli Storage Manager -- shipping by year end
NetIQ's cross-platform modules are priced starting at $750 per server. Modules for Apache, BEA WebLogic Server, IBM HTTP Server, and Sun ONE Web Server are shipping now. Modules for IBM WebSphere Application Server, IBM DB2 UDB, Oracle RDBMS, Sun ONE Application Server and Tivoli Storage Manager will begin shipping by the end of this year.