Tek-Tools, an enterprise storage resource management (SRM) solutions provider, announced that its Storage Profiler Backup, a cross-vendor, Web-based SRM and backup solution, now supports BrightStor ARCserve Backup for NetWare from Computer Associates (CA).
Working together, Storage Profiler Backup and CA's BrightStor ARCserve Backup for NetWare provides cross-platform management from a single Web-based console, offering enterprisewide visibility and control over backup operations for customers seeking operational efficiency and performance for their NetWare environments.
Additionally, Storage Profiler has added backup enterprise reports, allowing customers to view a summary of backup data in one view across multiple severs in heterogeneous backup environments. Users can view totals, throughput, and success rate grouped by server type, user-defined server groups, or user-defined client groups and perform chargeback operations.
Other reports now available from Storage Profiler Backup for CA's BrightStor ARCserve Backup for NetWare include the following.
- Management reports provide managers with the capability to view and report daily on those systems that were backed up, and identify and correct procedures for new systems or failed backup jobs.
- Backup window report summarizes the status of backups for all clients per BrightStor ARCserve and conveys how long backup jobs are taking.
- Exception reporting allows managers and operators to notify systems and users when there are backup failures, and it identifies patterns of failure when critical systems have not been systematically backed up.
- Backup summary report summarizes all backup jobs over a specified period of time per BrightStor ARCserve Backup for NetWare server. It includes start time and duration, the amount of data backed up, throughput rate, clients backed up, and completion status.
- Historical Trending Reports tracks backed-up data growth from month to month to determine how much data would need to be restored after a catastrophic event and when more backup media must be purchased.
CA's BrightStor ARCserve Backup for NetWare supports and protects Novell Directory Services to provide enterprise data protection for NetWare. An extensive suite of options offers additional client/server support, device sharing through SANs, online backup of business applications, and fast disaster recovery.
Storage Profiler Backup is designed to enable administrators and IT managers to improve the success and cost-effectiveness of their enterprisewide backup strategies across multiple environments. With all these features, Storage Profiler is a cross-vendor, enterprise-level solution that provides automated usage trend reporting, capacity planning, and real-time monitoring for storage networks.
Storage Profiler supports Sun Solaris, Microsoft Windows NT, Linux and Windows 2000, Novell NetWare, Network Appliance, and Oracle.
"With added support for CA's BrightStor ARCserve Backup for NetWare and new enterprisewide backup reports, Tek-Tools is delivering a solution that allows customers to maximize their large storage investments," said Ken Barth, president of Tek-Tools. "Customers who use Storage Profiler's reporting capabilities alongside the robust, centralized management provided by CA's BrightStor ARCserve Backup for NetWare will be able to completely manage and protect their business-critical data."