Xerox Wednesday announced the release of DocuShare 3.0 for Solaris. DocuShare is a Web-based document management and collaboration package.
Integration with Sun ONE is the highlight of the release. Besides its ability to run within the Sun ONE Portal Server, DocuShare is also integrated with the Sun ONE Directory Server via a connector, allowing administrators to add and manage users from within an existing corporate directory structure.
Solaris is not the only platform on which DocuShare runs: Windows and Linux are also supported. All versions of the software have the following features:
- Direct-scan-to-Web, which allows users to share hardcopy documents using scan-enabled Document Centers
- Native WebDAV support, which enables users to save directly to DocuShare from Microsoft (Windows 2000 and XP) and Apple (OS X) operating systems, without requiring client software
- Separate site, content, and account administrator options that prevent system administrators and support personnel from accessing sensitive documents
- The capability to share graphics and video documents in addition to text
- More thorough organization of documents.
The entry-level list price for a complete DocuShare system with 10 seats is $4,145, and a 100-seat system is $9,995. More information is available from Xerox.